Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Month 4: Brave New Worlds

In the last month Parker has taken his first road trip to NorCal, endeavored to master the tripod sit, and let loose a belly laugh the likes of which I know all too well.

We've also visited the cement boat beach (where Thomas and I were married) in Santa Cruz, with Uncle Matty, who was kind enough to carry Parker when my back was acting up:

And we also went to Wendy Woman's childhood beach in Carpinteria, with Grammy, where Parker dipped his toes in the water for the first time:

And of course, I tagged along, as mamas often do:

Parker also seized the NorCal visit as an opportunity to cuddle with his Nina:

Parker's personality is really starting to shine through all the quirks and moods of his "newborn-ness." At the same time those personality traits make Parker seem less "newborn" everyday. I think he looks like quite the grown little man here:

Parker is transitioning from the cradle to the crib, and experiencing a sleep regression at the same time. I can't even remember what a good night's sleep felt like. This, for example, is Parker's no-nap face:

And the first foray into the new frontier of solid foods was an exhilarating success, pictures to follow!

Here's a parting series of shots from my soon-to-be long-gone cradle:



Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment