Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Week 2: What's In A Nickname?

The love comes quickly, as do the nicknames - which are ridiculous in their nature and rapid in frequency as we try to find the perfect fit for what cannot be summed up in a handy catch phrase: "The cutest baby on the planet that burst from my being and changed my life forever." Nope, won't fit on a button or bumper sticker.

That said, here are a few of the nicknames we are trying out... do not judge...

~ Parker Bear - seems to be the front-runner
~ Little Man - a tad confusing since Cowboy has also been referred to by this moniker
~ Buddy - a holdover from when my little brother Matthew was a baby
~ Baby Bird - actually employed as a verb that describes the face Parker makes when hungry
~ Sweetums - this one actually defies reasonable explanation

I think, for me, nicknames have historically served to bestow a marked and affectionate familiarity (just ask Wendy Woman or Rock Star or Young David) and since we are still getting to know each other, Parker and I, there is no doubt in my mind that there are more nicknames to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment